The conference app
How do I get the app on my phone?
The CrowdComms app can simply be downloaded from either Apple or Google Play stores. There is also a web version for mobile devices. Once you have registered you will receive a password to access the app. The app will replace the need to print all attendee information, however, some hard copies will be available.
When can I access the event app?
The app will be available one month prior to the conference. You will be provided with a password to access the app and assistance will be provided to attendees if necessary.
Do I need to use the conference app?
This year we are introducing a CrowdComms event app, that will provide all the information you need to navigate the conference. This app can simply be downloaded from either Apple or Google Play stores. There is also a web version for mobile devices.
Where is the best place to stay while at the conference?
Novotel Barossa Valley Resort is hosting the conference and the conference venue is onsite. Access the exclusive rate here.
Where is it located?
The Novotel Barossa Valley Resort is an hour’s drive from Adelaide city centre. NCRRRE has negotiated a special rate, exclusive to the conference attendees.
How do I access the exclusive rate?
To access this exclusive rate, once you have registered to attend the conference, simply book your accommodation through the conference website here. Your rate will be automatically adjusted.
The venue: Novotel Barossa Valley Resort
Where is the conference venue?
The National Conference for Regional, Rural, and Remote Education 2022 will be held at Novotel Barossa Valley Resort, located at Golflinks Road, Rowland Flat SA 5352, approximately 1 hour (78ks) from Adelaide and 1 hour 20 mins from Adelaide Airport Terminal.
You will need to make your own way to the conference.
What is the best way to arrive at the conference from the Adelaide city centre?
Attendees are expected to make their own way to the conference. It may be useful to use the conference app to find others looking to travel from Adelaide Airport.
Some suggestions for travel from Adelaide city centre and Adelaide Airport:
· Adelaide Airbus Flyer is $170 to transport a single person from Adelaide Airport to Tanunda. Contact number is 0456 984 414
· Hughes transport: Contact number is 1300 615 165
· Barossa & Light Cab Service: Contact number is 0400 631 631
· Barossa Taxis and Barossa Mini Tours: Contact number is 0411 150 850
· Colin Schwarz Private Transport: Contact number is 0409 934 94
Find your route to the venue here.
Where is the conference dinner taking place?
The conference dinner will take place on Thursday evening and attendees will be transported by bus to Gomersal Winery
20 Lyndoch Rd, Gomersal. This is included in your conference registration.
Where can I find tickets to the conference dinner?
You can purchase conference dinner tickets only if you wish via the registration page.
What COVID safety measures will be in place?
Novotel Barossa Valley Resort has a COVID-19 Safety Plan in operation in accordance with all Government and SA Covid Safe Plan and is a registered SA Government-recognised COVID Safe Business. It is recommended that attendees:
• Maintain physical distancing (keep 1.5m away from others) where possible. Please note we will be instituting capacity limits at Quantum Australia to assist with social distancing.
• Avoid physical greetings.
• Wash your hands regularly and practise good hygiene. Please note we will have plenty of hand sanitizer and soap available on site.
• Wear a face mask in indoor settings.
• Practice cough etiquette (coughing or sneezing into your elbow or tissue).
• Be aware of and adhere to SA Health Guidelines.
• Stay home if you are feeling unwell or have been directed to self-isolate.
Let’s stay safe together!
Will the National Conference for Regional, Rural and Remote Education only take place in person?
Yes! We’re looking forward to welcoming all registered attendees at Novotel Barossa Valley Resort on 12 – 14 October.
What if I can no longer attend?
If you can no longer attend, please see our ticket terms and conditions and email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What’s on: 12 October
What’s happening on Wednesday October 12? Do I need to attend?
• 12 October 2022: This day is designed to bring together staff and community involved in Regional University Centre’s only. This is an opportunity for all RUC’s to network and connect with other Regional University Centre’s. If you are not involved in a RUC, you do not need to attend on Day 1.
• Welcome reception for all delegates: The RUC symposium will end with a welcome reception for ALL conference delegates including the RUC network at the Novotel Barossa Valley Resort from 5:30pm. All conference attendees and speakers are welcome to join.
Charter bus available from Adelaide Airport Terminal to the conference venue and return
A 50-seat charter bus will depart from Adelaide Airport terminal on Wednesday 12 October at 4.20pm to arrive in time for the Welcome to Country at 6pm at Novotel Barossa Valley Resort.
There will also be a return charter bus departing from the conference venue on Friday 14 October at 4.30pm that will take attendees to Adelaide Airport and/or Adelaide City Centre.
Travel suggestions to and from the venue
Book your seat, one way or return, via our booking form. Tickets are free. Get in quick as spaces are limited.
In the event you miss out on a space on one our organised buses (as per above), please check out the below options on getting to the conference from Adelaide city centre and Adelaide Airport:
- Adelaide Airbus Flyer is $170 to transport a single person from Adelaide Airport to Tanunda. Contact number is 0456 984 414
- Hughes transport: Contact number is 1300 615 165
- Barossa & Light Cab Service contact number is 0400 631 631
- Barossa Taxis and Barossa Mini Tours contact number is 0411 150 850
- Colin Schwarz Private Transport contact number is 0409 934 942
Can I bring a colleague on the day?
All attendees need to be registered prior to the event for catering and seating needs.
Will sessions be recorded and made available to attendees after the event?
Sessions will be recorded and available on the CrowdComms app for up to three months after the event.
What if I miss a session?
All recorded presentations will be available to registered attendees via the events app, CrowdComms. Recorded sessions will be updated within 48 hours of live sessions and can be accessed for three months after the event.
Photography and video
The event organiser reserves the right to use any recordings whether audio or video and/or any photographs taken at any stage during the conference for promotional, advertising or reporting of the meeting and/or its content at their sole discretion.
Disclaimer: This information is correct at time of publishing. The Event Organiser reserves the right to delete, modify or alter items or to delete, modify or alter any aspect of the program and delivery at their sole discretion and without notice. The Event Organiser will not accept any liability for any loss or inconvenience caused to any party consequent to such changes.