Call for Nominations
Since 1994, the Australian Rural Education Award (AREA) has been awarded annually to an institution, organisation or industry to recognise excellence in rural education in Australia.
Existing projects that demonstrate a proven link between a rural, regional and/or remote school or learning context and the local community, and benefiting a defined group.
Future projects that support new and creative thinking in professional practice aimed at improving student outcomes in a rural, regional and/or remote setting.
Pre-service teachers or institutions recognising demonstrated excellence in professional learning practice in rural, regional and/or remote settings.
Projects based in, or benefiting, rural, regional and/or remote international settings. Nominees may be based in Australia or overseas.
Category winners will receive complementary 2019 conference registration for one delegate and a trophy. Runners up will receive a citation recognising their achievement.
But hurry! Nominations Now close Friday 30th August 2019
How to Nominate
To nominate, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line 2019 AREA Nomination, Category (Insert Number), and provide the following information:
- Name of school / organisation / learning context / pre-service teacher
- Postal address
- Principal / Chief Administrator
- Institution name / Details of sponsoring school
- Name, telephone number and email address for the person who would accept the award
- Category you are entering, ie. Category 1, 2, 3 or 4
- 300 words describing the nature of the project / learning practice being recognised
- Any additional materials to support your nomination, ie. graphics, photos, videos, details of previous awards, etc.