Since 1994, the Australian Rural Education Award (AREA) has been awarded annually to an institution, organisation or industry to recognise excellence in rural education in Australia.
Existing projects that demonstrate a proven link between a rural, regional and/or remote school or learning context and the local community, and benefiting a defined group.
Future projects that support new and creative thinking in professional practice aimed at improving student outcomes in a rural, regional and/or remote setting.
Pre-service teachers or institutions recognising demonstrated excellence in professional learning practice in rural, regional and/or remote settings.
Projects based in, or benefiting, rural, regional and/or remote international settings. Nominees may be based in Australia or overseas.
Category winners will receive complementary 2017 conference registration for one delegate and a trophy. Runners up will receive a citation recognising their achievement.
But hurry! Nominations Now close Friday 7th July 2017
How to Nominate
To nominate, please email email@example.com with the subject line 2017 AREA Nomination, Category (Insert Number), and provide the following information:
- Name of school / organisation / learning context / pre-service teacher
- Postal address
- Principal / Chief Administrator
- Institution name / Details of sponsoring school
- Name, telephone number and email address for the person who would accept the award
- Category you are entering, ie. Category 1, 2, 3 or 4
- 300 words describing the nature of the project / learning practice being recognised
- Any additional materials to support your nomination, ie. graphics, photos, videos, details of previous awards, etc.