Pre-service Framework Teacher Guides
This resource package has been produced for the Tertiary Educators Rural, Remote and Regional Network (TERRRN) as part of an Office for Learning and Teaching (formally the Australian Learning and Teaching Council (ALTC) project titled Developing Strategies at the Pre-service Level to Address Critical Teacher Attraction and Retention Issues in Australian Rural, Regional and Remote Schools.
The TERRRN team consists of: Professor Sue Trinidad (Dean of Teaching and Learning, Curtin University), Associate Professor Graeme Lock, Director, Learning and Teaching, Edith Cowan University, Assistant Professor Elaine Sharplin (Associate Dean, Teaching and Learning, University of Western Australia), Dr Tania Broadley (Flexible Learning and Academic Development, Curtin Business School), Susan Ledger (Director of School Experience, Murdoch University), Emmy Terry (President, Society for the Provision of Education for Rural Australia [SPERA]) and Don Boyd (Executive Member, SPERA).
The following Pre-service Framework Teacher Guides are provided for you. These can be used as a package or as individual modules:
- Teacher Guide Overview.pdf
- Teacher Guide 1: Understanding the Impact of Remoteness on Student Learning.pdf
- Teacher Guide 2: Learning in the Remote Context.pdf
- Teacher Guide 3: Teaching Students from Diverse Backgrounds in the Remote Context.pdf
- Teacher Guide 4: Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Students.pdf
- Teacher Guide 5: Engage in Professional Learning in the Remote Context.pdf
- Teacher Guide 6: Engage in Professional Learning in the Remote Context.pdf
- Teacher Guide 7: Engaging Professionally in the Remote Context.pdf
The Teacher Guides are made available under the creative commons license.