Types of Submission
Academic | Case studies | Posters
Conference theme: Growth Through Equity
The 2024 National Conference for Regional, Rural and Remote Education (NCRRRE) theme “Growth Through Equity” aims to highlight strength-based models for regional, rural and remote education, whereby education providers recognise and partner with the rich knowledge, experiences, skills and diversity that local communities have, and provide opportunity to all.
The conference aims to highlight the outstanding work of practitioners and researchers across ALL education sectors, including Early Childhood, Schools, Vocational and Tertiary Education and enable attendees to contribute to policy discussions regarding regional, rural and remote education.
NCRRRE is an inclusive, positive conference with submissions from first-time presenters and students warmly welcomed.
Conference Sub-themes include:
- Connections between industry, education and communities
- Pathways for education at all levels
- Student engagement, aspiration and motivation
- Strengthening and networking rural education research
The conference objectives are to:
- Challenge researchers, practitioners and policymakers to analyse current challenges and opportunities, identify emerging issues, and develop ways forward;
- Recognise the significance of First Nations peoples – Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples in Australia and their knowledge, perspectives and experiences are important in shaping future developments in regional, rural and remote education;
- Contribute to the evidence base and practice of enhancing regional, rural and remote education locally and globally;
- Develop links with organisations and governments that have similar professional aims or recent
Three types of submissions are welcomed: academic presentations, case studies, and posters
These formal presentations should be scholarly in their approach. This may include research or analysis of significant projects, including their outcomes, impacts and how their deliverables could be applied more broadly. These presentations should have a strong foundation in relevant academic literature.
- 20 min presentation with 10 mins questions
- Written submission: 250 word summary using the submission link below, and upload a one page abstract using the template supplied, to be published in conference proceedings
- Full papers can be submitted for consideration of publication in the Australian and International Journal of Rural Education (AIJRE).
These informal presentations are designed to encourage practitioners in regional, rural and remote education to share their experiences in the field. These case studies should present a compelling story around a project, innovation or team, with examples that the RRR community can learn from.
- 15 min presentation with 15 mins for discussion and questions
- Written submission: 250-word summary to be published in conference proceedings
Posters should present information concisely and visually. They may focus on a particular project, program or innovation. Delegates are responsible for printing and delivering their own poster to the conference.
- Submit 250-word summary describing your poster
- Please bring your printed A0 size poster with you to the conference. The conference organising committee can assist you with hanging your poster once you have registered.
Submissions of 250 words should be submitted prior to 22nd of April 2024. Please submit your Presentation Submission via the link below.
Submissions are to be written in plain English and include clear information about the aims, nature and content of the paper and, where applicable, a brief statement of results and implications. This should be linked to the conference theme or sub-themes.
Evaluation of Submissions
Submissions are subject to blind review by members of the program committee. Notification of whether the submission has been accepted for presentation will be sent to the presenter/s after 20 May 2024.
Successful presenters will be asked for their audio-visual requirements at this time and instructed to confirm their attendance via paid registration no later than 24 June 2024.
The draft program will be released after 1 June 2024.
Queries or Concerns
Please email email@example.com with any queries or concerns you may have about your abstract submission and a member of the SPERA conference team will get back to you.